IBP is part of the SC Navigator suite. It supports every step in your IBP (or S&OP) process with features that are unique in the market, such as integrating products still in the ideation phase. You can use it to:
- Create projects for new products and manage each project through different stages, from idea to business case, development, test & value, and launch.
- Create vulnerabilities and opportunities for both demand and supply, and use these to create multiple demand and supply scenarios for evaluation
- Visualize the performance of previous plans and understand the gap to strategy of the current plan
In IBP, there are five key phases: Project Management, Demand Plan, Demand Review, Supply Review, and Management Review.
- In the Project Management phase, you can create projects for new product development.
- In the Demand Plan phase, each member in the sales team can update the forecast of products specific to customers at different locations.
- In the Demand Review phase, Demand Managers can adjust the amount of demand on the aggregated product family level.
- In the Supply Review phase, Supply Managers are involved to provide capacity/supply input, and create production plans that balance demand and supply. Business Scenarios are created.
- In the Management Review phase, Leadership can analyze financial impacts by creating and comparing different scenarios. This provides tangible comparisons when it comes to determining your planning for the next 3-18 months.
- IBP Application Flow at a Glance
- User Management
- Data Structure for Customers, Locations and Products
- Importing Data for IBP
- Project Management Review
- Demand Plan Phase
- Demand Review Phase
- Supply Review Phase
- Management Review Phase