Importing Data for IBP¶
IBP can read configurations and datasets from the SC Navigator database. To import your data to this database, you need to use Data Navigator. Please see the Data Navigator documentation for more details about this app.
Please follow the steps below to import your data and create your S&OP configuration.
- Launch Data Navigator.
- Select IBP as the application type.
- In the Menu bar, select IBP Data Wizard.
- Read the instructions and click Start wizard.
- On page Generate Excel Template, click the arrow icon next to Download Template to download
Excel Template. The file contains the relevant sheets according to your configuration in IBP Data Wizard.
Excel Templateand enter the required data, e.g. your Location Data. Fill in all sheets and save the Excel file.
- Go back to Data Navigator and click page Import Dataset.
- Click the plus icon next to Select Excel File. Select the Excel file that you created above.
- If the file is uploaded successfully, a success dialog will pop up to ask review data or save data. If something goes wrong, data issues will be displayed in a dialog page. You may still ignore warnings and save data.
- Enter a name corresponding to a dataset to import it from the Excel file you just created. You can also enter a description.
- Click the save button to save to the database. Data Navigator returns a success message. If something goes wrong, error/warning message(s) will appear at the bottom of the page. The Import Dataset page provides information to correct the issues, or explains why the data cannot be imported.
- After importing, click Review Data to review what was imported to the database. If everything looks fine, you can close Data Navigator.