You can adjust the demand forecast to find out how it affects your results.
Customer Demand table’s Widget actions¶
The main table of this page is the Customer Demand. This has three widget actions:
- Show Highlighted Only / Show all: This option removes or makes visible the elements that are not selected for adjustment. For these, the highlight is not applied.
- Adjust Demand: This option opens the Adjust Demand dialog page where the user can enter the percentage to increase or decrease demand.
- Reset Demand: This option resets demand to its original state.
To change demand you should make the following steps:
- Select the Product, Customer, Location, and Period for which to modify the forecast. You can select individual items, like “Aalborg,” or groups, like “South-East(132).” The selection is done via the Product Filter, Customer Filter, and Period Filter side panels. For more about these read Filtering in Network Design part.
- After you select criteria, the model highlights, in green, the values in the Customer Demand table that will be affected by an increase or decrease in the demand forecast. To view only the affected (highlighted) values, click on the icon in the top right corner of the table. The Highlighted Demand shows the total demand for the selected combination of Product, Customer, Location, and Period.
- Specify the percentage change that the model should apply to the highlighted demand values. You can do this by opening Adjust Demand dialog using the Adjust Demand option of the table’s widget action. Enter an explanation for the adjustment in the Description field.
- Apply the change by clicking on the Increase/decrease button in the bottom right corner of the dialog. The change is applied and recorded in the table in the bottom right corner.
- The table shows the actual change in the demand forecast based on the percentage you entered. Hover over the impacted value to see the description you recorded.
- To restore the original Customer Demand data from the dataset, use the third Reset Demand option of the table’s widget actions and click Yes, reset demand data to confirm.