The Executive review section allows you to compare multiple scenarios made in the Analytics section in one simple overview.
The page action menu in the bottom right corner of this page allows you to select the scenarios that you want to compare.
Once you click on this menu, a dialog page appears that contains an overview of all the scenarios:
In this overview, you can select the scenarios using the check boxes for each scenario description. (To Select all and Select none use the action menu in the top right corner of the widget.) Once you have made the selection, click Ok to see the comparison.
The scenario comparison requires that a dataset matching one of the selected scenarios is loaded.
Scenario Comparison Overview¶
After the scenario selection, the table with scenarios is filled with data.
Most of this data is also shown when running the model in the Analytics section. However, there are some elements that only appear in this section:
- Base Scenario: This table and the next bar chart contains coloring indicating the difference between that scenario and the base scenario. Checking this option allows you to change the “Base Scenario”.
- Dataset: The dataset from which this scenario was created.
- Cost per unit: The cost per unit is defined as Total Cost divided by Demand Volume, and gives a rough estimate of the cost difference between the scenarios.
- Description: The description that was entered when the scenario was created. This often contains more details on the scenario, and is therefore helpful in determining what this scenario represents.
- Status: The status of the optimization model; it should be “Optimal”.
If you click on one of the values in this table, it will show the corresponding row of data in the bar chart below.
For most of the values in this table, there is a tooltip that provides more information.
Scenario Comparison details¶
This table shows the data for the selected element in a bar chart format to allow for easier comparison.
You can select the elements to view from the table above, or the drop-down list on the right.