- Base Case Scenario
- The “base case” is the Scenario containing results of optimization on the original data in a dataset.
- Throughout SC Navigator apps, this term refers to facilities such as Warehouses or Distribution Centers.
- Optimality Gap
- The optimality gap can be seen as a measurement of how “good” the solution is. It limits how far the solution can be from the true optimal solution. A gap of 0.00% means that the reported solution is the true optimal solution.
- Throughout SC Navigator apps, this term refers to production facilities such as plants or factories.
- Throughout SC Navigator apps, this term refers to DCS and production facilities.
A Scenario is a set of model inputs and solution results, saved to the database under the name you provide. The contents of a Scenario will record data and results in the current Active Scenario at the moment of saving. This version of data is visible from any of the screens found under the Analytics menu.
We recommend to save a Scenario immediately after a successful Solve, to ensure that the input data in the saved Scenario is consistent with the solution data in the same Scenario.