- Base Case Scenario
- The “base case” is the Scenario containing results of optimization on the original data in a dataset.
- Throughout SC Navigator apps, this term refers to facilities such as Warehouses or Distribution Centers.
- Optimality Gap
- The optimality gap can be seen as a measurement of how “good” the solution is. It limits how far the solution can be from the true optimal solution. A gap of 0.00% means that the reported solution is the true optimal solution.
- Throughout SC Navigator apps, this term refers to production facilities such as plants or factories.
- Throughout SC Navigator apps, this term refers to DCs and production facilities.
A Scenario is a set of model inputs and solution results saved to the database under the name you provide. The contents of a Scenario will record data and results in the current Active Scenario at the moment of saving. This version of data is visible from any of the screens in Third Phase - Result Details.
We recommend saving a Scenario immediately after a successful solve, to ensure that the input data in the saved Scenario is consistent with the solution data in the same Scenario.