This page displays summary information on the utilization of DC nodes (typically Distribution Centers, Warehouses, Cross Docks, Tank Farms, or Stocking Locations).
The table DC Usage shows details about the capacities of DCs (supported by the visualization in the bar chart below). To find out what would happen to the network if certain DCs are forced open or closed, you can make selections in the checkboxes and click Optimize (AIMMS icon) to solve again.
DC Location map¶
The DC Location map presents all DCs that we have in the model. The nodes are color-coded based on the status of the DC. It can be:
- Open (white), when the DC is open and can serve demand.
- Closed (black), when the DC is closed and cannot serve demand.
- Bounded (yellow), when the capacity utilization is close (above 90%) to its limit.
- Violated (red) when the capacity utilization is higher than it’s limit.
Bar Chart Views¶
The bar chart Open Location Capacity versus Utilization shows the actual utilization versus the capacity for each DC. This gives you an idea of which DCs are being under-utilized, which may benefit from the expansion, and so on. To help the user interpreting the results the Open Location Capacity versus Utilization bar chart has three different views which can be changed using the icon.
The views are:
- DC View - capacity limits (if they are considered in the configuration) and the actual utilization are presented for each DC.
- Stacked Product View - capacity limits (if they are considered in the configuration) and the actual utilization are presented for each DC with stacked bars.
Stacked Product View¶
The table DC Usage and DC Usage By Product shows details about the usage and capacities of the DCs (supported by the visualization in the bar chart mentioned before). The table DC Usage shows this for all DCs. As usual, the numbers in blue can be changed, after which the model needs to be solved again. To find out what would happen to the network if certain DCs are forced open or closed, you can make selections in the checkboxes and click Optimize (AIMMS icon) to solve again.
The table DC Usage By Product shows by default the data for the selected resource and location combination only. You can show this for all facilities via the widget action “Show data for all resources and locations”. In this view a highlighting marks which product-level data belongs to the selected location or aggregated data.
After you click on that widget action, you see the data for all combinations. The same widget action can also be used to set it back to its original value of only showing the selected location.
The data interpretation is supported by the filters on the side panels, which are Product Filter and DC Filter. For more about filters go to Filtering in Network Design.