The Production Report page displays the solution of the model for the production facility nodes (typically plants or factories).
Production Location map¶
The Production Location map presents all production resources that we have in the model. The nodes are color-coded based on the status of the production Facility. It can be:
- Open (white), when the production facility is open and can serve demand.
- Closed (black), when the production facility is closed and cannot serve demand.
- Bounded (yellow), when the capacity utilization is close (above 90%) to its limit.
- Violated (red) when the capacity utilization is higher than it’s limit.
Bar Chart Views¶
The bar chart Open Location Capacity versus Utilization shows the actual utilization versus the capacity for each production facility. This gives you an idea of which production facilities are being under-utilized or which facilities are close to their capacity. Open Location Capacity versus Utilization bar chart has three different views which can be changed using the icon.
The views are:
- Production View - capacity limits (if they are considered in the configuration) and the actual utilization are presented for each production facility.
- Stacked Product View - capacity limits (if they are considered in the configuration) and the actual utilization are presented for each production facility with stacked bars.
- Product View - capacity limits (if they are considered in the configuration) and the actual utilization are presented for each product at each production facility.
Stacked Product View¶
The table Production Usage and “Production Usage By Product” shows details about the usage and capacities of the production facilities (supported by the visualization in the bar chart mentioned before). The table Production Usage shows this for all production facilities. As usual, the numbers in blue can be changed, after which the model needs to be solved again. To find out what would happen to the network if certain production facilities are forced open or closed, you can make selections in the checkboxes and click Optimize (AIMMS icon) to solve again.
The table “Production Usage By Product” shows by default the data for the selected resource and location combination only. You can show this for all facilities via the widget action “Show data for all resources and locations”. In this view a highlight marks which product-level data belongs to the selected location or aggregated data.
After you click on that widget action, you see the data for all combinations. The same widget action can also be used to set it back to its original value of only showing the selected location.
The data interpretation is supported by the filters on the side panels, which are Product Filter and Production Filter. For more about filters go to Filtering in Network Design.