SC Navigator 2.31.02¶
Date August 26, 2021
- In some situations the application could show some red error messages at the top of the screen when loading or creating scenarios. These errors are now prevented.
- Newly created configurations could not handle transportation data correctly. We addressed the root cause of this, such that the newly created configurations work again as expected.
- In rare occasions, Network Design could take a long running time when a table was downloaded as a .csv file. This issue occurred when there were some very small numbers (with many decimals) in the table. This issue has been fixed.
SC Navigator 2.31.01¶
Date August 2, 2021
- In some cases, it was impossible to load a created scenario and the message “Read error from case file …” was generated. This has been fixed. If you receive this message, please delete this case/scenario and create it again in the latest version.
- If there was a lot of data in a table, you could get the message “Number of entries has been cut off (as it exceeds 50000)”. This limit has been increased to 1000000.
- In rare occasions, LocationIQ could return a status of “TooBig”, while the straight line distance was less than 10,000 km. This has been fixed.
- We have removed the option for single transportation modes, where the transportation model was not explicitly named. You now have to name the transportation model explicitly in the Excel Templates. This change was announced in 2.29.01, with an in app message that this functionality was going to be removed after July 1.
- Minimum Production of products on the corresponding resource and location. If you want to use this new feature, you need to check wizard question “Consider Minimum Production” and provide data for the new attribute “Minimum Capacity (Production)” on sheet “Resource Product Data”.
- Inventory Coverage. Now you can ask inventory to cover the total distribution during specified number of upcoming days/weeks/periods. If you want to use this new feature, you need to enable Minimum Inventory Option, and answer wizard question “Specify Minimum Inventory via covering number of days/weeks/periods on hand”. Depending on your inventory model, the data for the new attribute “Inventory Coverage Number” is on sheet “Resource Product Data” or “Product Location Data” or “Resource Data”. Note that this feature is only available for the last level in the supply chain.
- The user interface of IBP has been rebuilt, to create a better, more intuitive user experience.
SC Navigator 2.30.02¶
Date July 8, 2021
- The transportation speed could be set to 0 in the previous version. This means that lead time constraints were not enforced correctly and the driving time distribution chart was incorrect. This has been fixed.
- The list of icons that could be selected in the map customization was incomplete.
- Once you provide an icon for a node type on the “Results Overview” page, the nodes of that type were no longer visible on the “Customer Report” page. This has been fixed.
- In Demand Plan phase, when saving comments, the auto-generated demand value was calculated for all demand, but it should be the demand of selected sales. This has been fixed.
- In Demand Plan Summary page, the bar chart incorrectly shows calculated data for all demand, instead it should be the demand of selected sales. This has been fixed.
SC Navigator 2.30.01¶
Date: July 1, 2021
- The functionality to download a .csv file from a table widget now takes into account the regional settings of the browser. This ensures that the column separator used in the .csv file is suitable for opening the file directly in Excel.
- The warning/error message issued when there is duplicate data in the Excel file has been improved.
- In some situations, not all duplicate error messages where provided to the user. This aspect has been improved.
- If the name of a configuration contained one of the following symbols “# * + | < > ? , /”, then the template was not exported. This issue has been fixed, those symbols are now replaced by an “_”.
- The first time you start the Network Design app, you will receive a notification about the new features in this release.
- The complete solution can be downloaded into an Excel file by using the button “Download Solution” on the dialog “Save Scenario”.
- It is now possible to define an overall maximum capacity for Suppliers. In order to use this new functionality, please choose the option “Include max. Supplier capacity” in the configuration wizard.
- It is now possible to define Supplier capacity for Product Groups. If your configuration contains minimum or maximum Supplier capacity by Product and the option “Enable Product Grouping” is set on, then the new option “Enable option to consider Supplier capacity for Product Groups” will appear in the wizard. If you check this option, then the attributes “Minimum Capacity for Product Group” and “Maximum Capacity for Product Group” will appear in the Excel template on the sheet “Supplier Product Data”.
- It is now possible to define DC capacity for Product Groups. If your configuration contains minimum or maximum DC capacity by Product and the option “Enable Product Grouping” is set on, then the new option “Enable option to consider DC capacity for Product Groups” will appear in the wizard. If you check this option, then the attributes “Minimum Capacity for Product Group (DC)” and “Maximum Capacity for Product Group (DC)” will appear in the Excel template on the sheet “DC Product Data”.
- It is now possible to define Production capacity for Product Groups. If your configuration contains minimum or maximum Production capacity by Product and the option “Enable Product Grouping” is set on, then the new option “Enable option to consider Production capacity for Product Groups” will appear in the wizard. If you check this option, then the attributes “Minimum Capacity for Product Group (Production)” and “Maximum Capacity for Product Group (Production)” will appear in the Excel template on the sheet “Production Product Data”.
- A new page “Trip data” has been added, on this page you can see trip distances and durations.
Cost categories for which there is no data are removed from the reports.
Binding Products data have been introduced for suppliers too, in the same way as it was already available for DCs and Production Facilities.
We added four more types of data validation checks for transport lanes:
- We check to ensure that lanes with transportation capacity are active.
- We check that the origin of a lane with minimum transportation capacity can handle that product.
- We check that the destination of a lane with minimum transportation capacity can handle that product.
- We check that the transportation capacity is not negative.
The data validation logic now checks to ensure that all products which are needed in a BOM are indeed supplied or produced somewhere.
The data validation of stepwise transport costs has been improved.
The description of the attribute “Available (DC)” has been updated such that a clear distinction is made between the attribute on “Resource Data” sheet and “Resource Product Data” sheet.
In the Infeasibility analysis the lead times can now be relaxed.
In the Infeasibility analysis a route may not exceed lead time, unless the lead time condition has been relaxed.
There is only a limited number of daily calls which can be made to Location IQ. In the previous versions, Data Navigator would try to get data for all locations or routes, even when that limit has been reached. Now it stops and gives a message in case the daily limit has been reached.
- If the model contained single source customers and the option “Relax for Speed” was checked (which is by default), the infeasibility analysis could mark resource throughput as violated, even when that was not specified as option for relaxation. This issue has been fixed.
- In case an infeasibility was caused by insufficient supply of raw materials, the infeasibility analysis where the “Violation Weight” of just “Customer Demand” was set, would not indicate the cause of the infeasibility. This aspect has been improved and you can now also see which raw materials are actually causing the infeasibility.
- If a resource was both DC and Production at the same time, some data validation checks could incorrectly conclude that transportation capacities of lanes connected to the resource were inconsistent, because these checks do not take production into consideration. From now on, these checks are skipped for resources which act as both DC and Production.
- All arcs on the Results Overview page had type “Primary” in the tooltip. This has been adjusted in order to show the correct type.
- Data Navigator could give an incorrect data validation error when there are groups or routes with 0 distance and the distance and duration should be retrieved from Location IQ. Unfortunately, this glitch could prevent users from saving the data. This issue has been fixed and the data can now be saved properly.
- When inventory is managed by Product/Location, then the inventory related data are now displayed in a separate table called “Inventory Plan” on the Scenario Evaluation page.
SC Navigator 2.29.02¶
Date: May 21, 2021
- The message about the deprecation of the single transportation mode was intended for the Network Design application only. However, it used to appear for other applications as well, so this glitch has been fixed.
- The button “Create New Configuration” has been renamed to “Start Configurator” in order to prevent a potential misunderstanding that this button would force you to create a configuration from scratch. This button still helps you to create a configuration based on the existing settings, so the functionality behind it has not been changed.
- If the maximal number of DC/Production points is too low for the model to be feasible, the infeasibility analysis now indicates that this may be a cause of the problem.
- A data validation check has been added for BOM in order to ensure that no product is listed as both input and output in a single recipe.
- In some situations, navigating to the “Adjust Transport Data” page could inadvertently change the transportation cost, so this has been corrected.
- In some very rare cases, the Details Cost Breakdown could not have been accurate. These cases have been addressed in this release.
- If some of the lanes going into a location have maximum capacity constraint and some others not, the data validation could incorrectly conclude that the maximal flow into the location is limited and less than the minimum required flow (due to minimum capacities or customer demand). The data validation has been improved for this situation.
- If the supplier minimum capacity and the supplier minimum capacity by product are both defined, the data validation did not show forced flow issues for the product level (e.g. the minimum supply for a product is more than the maximal transport out of the supplier for that product). The data validation has been improved for this situation as well.
SC Navigator 2.29.01¶
Date: April 21, 2021
- The page Data Management has now an additional button “Load Selected Dataset”. This button loads the dataset which has a check mark in the column Mark for Selection/Deletion, so that you can inspect previously saved data.
- New Features
- The map on the page Results Overview has been enhanced significantly. New filters and coloring options have been added, it is now possible to save the zooming scale for a consistent view, and also arcs and nodes customization is now available.
- We have made some changes to the inner workings of the model in order to improve performance in case the model has Single Source customers. These changes should lead to performance improvements in those cases. Nevertheless, should your model performance deteriorate, you can turn these changes off by unchecking the option Relax for Speed on the side panel “Runtime Settings”. In this case, please contact our support as well, so that we can help you analyze the model performance in your situation.
- Two new attributes have been added to the sheet “Single Data”, namely “Time Limit” and “Optimality Gap”. These two parameters control respectively the maximum time spent by the solver for solving the model and the tolerance for the solution to be good enough. These two values are also shown on the side panel “Runtime Settings” and can be changed there as well.
- The CPLEX solver used for optimizing the network has been upgraded to the latest version (CPLEX 20.1).
- If you are a member of the “Business Unit - Admin”, you have now an additional element in the status bar which shows the current business unit. If you click on it, you can switch to the database schema of a different business unit.
- When comparing scenarios of different ND Output datasets, the page “Compare Scenarios” did not always show all data in phase 3.
- When comparing scenarios created based on different datasets, it could happen that for some elements the data were not displayed in phase 3 of the application.
- When a dataset was loaded in phase 3 which resulted in a data validation warning, the application remained on the page “Compare Scenarios”, while it should had jumped to the “Start” page, instead. Internally, the application did consider it was on the “Start” page, which could lead to some issues.
Center of Gravity¶
- New Features
- When running the Number of CoGs Algorithm, you can now move the resulting CoGs to real towns and cities closest to the random location found by the CoG application.
- The CPLEX solver used for running the scenarios has been upgraded to the latest version (CPLEX 20.1).
- The “Map View” side panel in phase 2 has been renamed to “Map Control”. Furthermore, the settings which control the scenario output (Scenario Settings) are now separated from the settings which control the map view (View Settings).
- The default setting for Location Input is now changed from Locations Only to Demand Only (in case your configuration does consider Demand).
- When comparing two scenarios, the Secondary Cost for the reference scenario was not displayed correctly in the cost dialog (Primary Cost was shown twice).
Secondary Transport Costing¶
- The CPLEX solver used while creating clusters has been upgraded to the latest version (CPLEX 20.1).
- New Features
- On the “Scenario Evaluation” page of the side panel with more model options, the option “Allow Over Utilization” can be specified on selected resource(s) and period(s). This is only available when the option “Allow Over Utilization” has been checked.
- In “Supply Vulnerabilities and Opportunities”, a new attribute called “Production Available” has been added.
- In “Supply Review”, when the optimization model is infeasible, the results on the page are emptied and the infeasible status is displayed on the top.
- On the page “Fulfillment Analysis”, the fulfillment rate can be customized by reporting levels. The capacity and production chart can show up to three levels of Bills of Material for the available resources.
- A Help side panel has been added to the page “Scenario Evaluation” and to the page “Fulfillment Analysis”. When the optimization model is infeasible, you can go to Help side panel directly from the pop up dialog message and download a case file for further investigation. The Help side panel also includes a link to the online documentation of the page which you are currently viewing.
- On the page “Demand Vulnerabilities and Opportunities”, the demand data can be customized by reporting levels.
- In “Supply Review”, the downloaded file did not include forecast data.
- On the page “Scenario Evaluation”, the resource utilization was incorrectly based off the “utilization limit” capacity.
SC Navigator 2.28.01¶
Date: March 31, 2021
- The column headers in the table widgets are displayed now on two lines instead of a single line. This allows you to read more easily the contents of the column header.
- On the Business Unit Management page, the Store DB Settings will now ask you if you want to switch to the new database schema. If you click no, you will stay with the default schema. This feature is useful in case you need to setup more business units as this can only be achieved from the default schema.
- On the Business Unit Management page there is an extra button Switch to Admin Schema which allows you to go back to the default database for the Business Unit - Admin user.
- New Features
- It is now possible to restrict DC capability and capacity on the product level. If you want to use this new functionality, you need to check the wizard option Define DC Capability by Resource & Product, after which you can check the options Define maximum DC Throughput capacity by DC Facility & Product and Define minimum DC Throughput capacity by DC Facility & Product. The new attributes Available (DC), Minimum Capacity (DC) and Maximum Capacity (DC) will appear on the sheet DC Product Data.
- In addition to the previous feature, it is also possible to define DC capacity for a group of products. To use this functionality, you need to check wizard options Define DC Capability by Resource & Product and Enable Product Grouping, after which you can check the option Enable option to consider DC capacity by Product for Product Groups. The new attribute Capacity for Product Group (DC) will appear on the sheet DC Product Data.
- It is now possible to limit the number of resources that can serve a group of products and locations. If you want to use this new functionality, you need to check the wizard question Include maximum number of resources that can serve demand by product and location group? and provide data for the new attribute Maximum # of Resources on the sheet Product Location Data.
- It is now possible to indicate that all resources at one location need to open and close simultaneously. If you want to use this new functionality, you need to check the wizard question Include ability to make open and close decision by location? and provide data for the new attribute Location Open/Close on the sheet Location Period Data.
- It is now possible to indicate which mode of transportation each resource can use. If you want to use this new functionality, you need to check the wizard question Include which mode of transportation can be handled by which resource? and provide data for the new attribute Mode Allowed In and/or Mode Allowed Out on the sheet Trans Type Resource Data.
- One step in the wizard contained questions about both DCs and Productions. The production questions have been moved to the previous step, so that now there is one page with Production questions and another page with DC questions.
- If you are a member of the Business Unit - Admin group, you have now an additional element in the status bar which shows the current business unit. If you click on it, you can switch to the database schema of a different business unit.
- The detailed cost breakdown was incorrect when using multiple modes of transportation on one transportation lane in combination with custom cost. This has been fixed.
- Some custom costs where not reported in the tables of the Cost Report page. This has been fixed.
- Changes on the Transportation Control Panel were applied only when clicking the solve button on that page. This has been fixed such that the changes are now also applied when clicking the Optimize button on a different page.
- Data Navigator could incorrectly conclude that transportation capacities did not match customer demand, if there were multiple customers at the same location. This has been fixed.
- The Infeasibility Analysis did not relax many of the minimum capacity constraints. In some situations this limitation could lead to a model which could still be infeasible after the relaxation. This has been fixed.
- In Demand Vulnerabilities and Opportunities page a switch has been added to the location/product filters in order to shorten the list with elements linked to the selected customers. Before this fix, the list was filled with all locations/products.
SC Navigator 2.27.01¶
Date: March 4, 2021
- We have made some changes that should reduces incorrect “Empty cells or 0’s in Relation sheets” warnings.
- Data Navigator could incorrectly conclude that there was an error when there was no Conversion Factor between a product group and unit. This check should not take place for groups, only for actual products.
- New Features
- Network Design now contains the new “Adjust Transport Data” page. This page is an extension of the “Control Panel” page. You can adjust transportation-related data here, to find out how it affects your results.
- The “Adjust Demand” page is extended with a lead time adjustment feature. The page has been renamed to “Adjust Demand / Lead Time”.
- There are two extra wizard questions in the Data Navigator wizard, where you can indicate that you want to generate geo-coordinates and distance and durations from a third party source. If you check either of these options, extra pages appear in Data Navigator where you can manage that data. See this video to learn more about this new feature.
- The network design wizard allows you now to provide some distance/duration data, and generate the rest via a straight line calculation. The wiggle factor has now been made flexible, instead of a fixed 20%.
- The demand simulation, in the scenario comparison section, did not work in the previous version. The demand simulation values could be changed, but after running they would all be 0. This has been fixed.
- New Features
- Production Batch Size: Previously, IBP assumes production can be made in any quantity. However in real production systems, batch size is usually in place to spread the setup cost over more units. Now IBP can include batch size during production. The new attribute ‘Batch Size’ is at table ‘Bill Of Resource Data’ and table ‘Resource Product Data’. This new feature is enabled in IBP wizard step 9.
- Production Lead Time: Production lead time maybe required across various industries. For a dataset where a transportation network is considered, IBP now includes production lead time. The new attribute ‘Lead Time’ is at table ‘Bill Of Resource Data’. This new feature is enabled in IBP wizard step 9.
- Production Frozen Periods: During production planning, it is not always practical to plan all immediate future periods. Practitioners may already have decided the next three months’ production volume in previous meetings. Now in IBP, this data can be included in attribute ‘Production Volume Input’ in table ‘Bill Of Resource Data’ and table ‘Resource Product Data’. In the analysis, the user may choose the selected resource and selected periods to fix production volume. This new feature is enabled in IBP wizard step 9.
- Supply Batch Size: When suppliers require batch sizes, such data can be included in attribute ‘Batch Size’ in table ‘Supplier Product Data’. This new feature is enabled in IBP wizard step 15.
- In Demand Plan, Demand Review and Supply Review pages, the sum row sometimes could show misleading data, especially when reference data is included. This is replaced by a calculated sum at the top.
SC Navigator 2.26.02¶
Date: February 12, 2021
- In some situations, the status bar could no longer be used to open the configuration and Dataset selection pages.
- In some situations, the Primary Transportation was not visible in the Transportation page.
SC Navigator 2.26.01¶
Date: February 4, 2021
- New Feature
- From the “Settings > Business Unit Management”, you now have the option to generate the Database User directly. This prevents you from doing that as a separate step.
- The user interface of Data Navigator has been rebuilt, to create a better, more intuitive user experience. (See here for the highlights, including a video)
- If you provide incorrect credentials on the page “Settings > Business Unit Management”, you will get a nice error message stating the possible cause of the problem.
- When using multiple THUs/UOMs, Data Navigator now automatically adds a value of 1 for the value of THU Equivalent for the base unit.
- It will now generate a data validation error if there is data for a product and THU/UOM combination, but there is no THU Equivalent given. Data could disappear from the model if that conversion was missing.
Center of Gravity¶
- The user interface of Center of Gravity has been rebuilt, to create a better, more intuitive user experience.
- The link behind the button on the Help page got broken. It now refers to the documentation again.
- The user interface of Network Design has been rebuilt, to create a better, more intuitive user experience. (See here for the highlights, including a video)
- In some cases, the combination of Bill of Material and Single Source did not work. In those cases, customers could be served from multiple resources. This has been fixed.
- The filters build into the table directly, did not always work. This has been fixed, so that you can now filter the various tables.
- The tool tips on the Executive Comparison page could sometimes be cut off.
- The customer nodes in the map where no longer green, while the legend still indicate that they should be green. This has been fixed and they are green again.
- The data for Capacity Uplift Fixed Cost (DC) was not taken into account in the model in the previous version. This has been fixed.
- We fixed a problem that resulted in slow loading of a dataset in Network Design. This performance degradation was introduced in the previous version.
- In Demand Review Phase, the user can edit data in all future periods. Previously only the data within forecast window can be edited.
- When a dataset is loaded, the app will navigate to the designated page of the current user and current phase.
- Now it is possible to apply different default dataset to different user groups. Previously the same dataset is assigned to all user groups.
- In certain situations the “Prepare Download” button on the Demand Plan Summary page did not work. This has been fixed.
SC Navigator 2.25.01¶
Date: November 20, 2020
- New Feature
- In this release it is possible to create different user groups with different database schemas. See documentation for more information on when and how to use this.
- On the Data Validation page, the button to ignore data validation has a different icon and a better explanation of the implication.
- The overview in the note sheet could contain duplicate items. This has been fixed.
Center of Gravity¶
- The setting Use Product Grouping was not always saved correctly in the configuration. This has been fixed.
- If you created a Center of Gravity configuration directly after you loaded or created a Network Design configuration, with Multiple THUs. Data Navigator would make the Center of Gravity configuration also for Multiple THU, and that is not supported. This means that you could not save a Dataset in Data Navigator.
- New Feature
- Stepwise transport cost functions: this gives the user greater flexibility when specifying transport costs. For example, volume-based pricing discounts, take or pay arrangements, and costing applied to combined transport constraints.
- Data separation: it is now possible to separate data in different schemas in the database. For example, if you wish to separate data between 2 business units.
- Changes in the selected products in “Considered Products” would reduce the secondary transportation cost directly, which leads to confusing data, because at that point those values data are not a solution to any problem. In the new version, this value will no longer change directly when you select “Considered Products”. It will now only change after you optimize the model again.
- In case the model used resource groups, a resource not in any of the groups would not be shown on the map. This has been fixed.
- In some cases the unit conversion when using multiple THU was not handled correctly, leading to incorrect results. This has been fixed in this new version.
- In Scenario Evaluation page, Results are colored comparing with the results from a previous solve: green means this result is increased from the previous solve, and vice versa.
- UI pattern (current scenario) is applied in Scenario Evaluation page. More information: https://design-system.aimms.com/ui-pattern-current-scenario
SC Navigator 2.24.02¶
Date: October 20, 2020
- Bug Fixes
- The data validation could fail incorrectly, if the model only had Production resources and no DC resources.
- If a model has a single period, there is no need to set a begin and end date. The previous version would give a Data Validation error for this.
- The data on sheet DC Product Data and Production Product Data was not read in, when Use Multiple THUs was checked in configuration.
SC Navigator 2.24.01¶
Date: October 9, 2020
NEW - Inventory Planning¶
This new application has been designed to support you in your supply chain design, together with Network Design, by assessing the inventory impact of a given network design. Additionally, it can also be used to provide calculated inventory targets for use in our IBP application. This application can also be integrated with Demand Forecast, so that it get some of the input from that application. However, it is also possible to use this without Demand Forecast.
Inventory Planning has the following key features:
Instantly Calculates minimum, maximum, and average amount of inventory split by:
- Safety stock
- Cycle stock
- Work in Progress
Allows you to define service level requirements using segmentation based on rate of sale and demand variability
Create and save different scenarios for comparison
If you load in actual inventory data you can get detailed insights on inventory health. Too much, too little or within target Grouped by location and also SKU detail
Export results for use as inventory targets to be used in our IBP application or in other external planning systems
Center of Gravity¶
- New feature
- A number of attributes in Center of Gravity has been renamed to make sure that their names better describe their meaning, as well as improve the consistency among them. This should help improve the understanding of what these attributes are. A full list of attribute changes can be found in section Attribute Name Change. You can still read old format data templates without any problem. If you try to import a new dataset, it will give you a warning that you should change the names, but it will still work fine and allow you to save the dataset.
- In some very rare situations, the data could not be saved correctly, but there would be no error or warning. Now, Data Navigator will give a warning and the data is not saved.
- In IBP Project Management Phase, now you can create a new project type: Existing Product. With this project, you can modify data of existing products, such as bill of materials, production resource requirement and supplier related data.
- In IBP Project Management Phase, now you can specify project resource usage, such as R&D, Marketing and Quality. The capacity of the project resources is under the new attribute name “Project Resource Capacity” in template.
- In IBP Project Management Phase, now you can create a new project type: Early Stage Project. In the early stages of a project (idea, business case, and possibly development) we may not know the exact products and certainly not BOM’s and resource requirements. Instead detailed data required for regular projects, you may just put target revenue/margin for this type of project. Later in Demand Review Phase, you can choose to include/exclude early stage projects.
- Frozen Periods. The model used to give solution on all future periods. Now you are able to provide predetermined production plan data in your dataset, and let the model follow that plan in selected resources and periods.
- A number of attributes in Network Design has been renamed to make sure that their names better describe their meaning, as well as improve the consistency among them. This should help improve the understanding of what these attributes are. A full list of attribute changes can be found in section Attribute Name Change. You can still read old format data templates without any problem. If you try to import a new dataset, it will give you a warning that you should change the names, but it will still work fine and allow you to save the dataset.
- In the data template created for Network Design, the sheet “Resource Data” and “Resource Product Data” are now split in two sheets each “DC Data” & “Production Data” and “DC Product Data” & “Production Product Data”. This means that data for DC resource and Production Resources are no longer in the same sheet, which has lead to confusion in the past. Data Navigator will read old format templates without any problems.
- In the data template created for Network Design, the sheet “Trans Type Product Data” is now in two sheets “Transport Cost” and “Transport Constraints”, which makes it easier to provide the necessary data. Data Navigator will read old format templates without any problems. If the user has selected “Input Data” in the Data Navigator Wizard for trip distances, a third sheet will be generated to capture this data (“Transport Trip Data”).
- Custom Costs: You can now configure custom cost elements to include in the optimization. These costs can be added at all points in the supply chain where physical costs are incurred. Example use cases are the addition of taxes and duties, carbon costs and inventory holding costs to the optimization.
- Data validation: we have added some data validation checks in data navigator that will pick up common data issues before saving the dataset, so that these can be fixed before running into infeasibility issues in the Network app. Examples are errors like spelling mistakes and other inconsistencies in the data template, demand greater than supply in the data, no lanes to meet demand, minimum capacity greater than maximum capacity, etc.
- Control Panel: we have expanded the current control panel to give the user more options and control to configure a scenario from the control panel in the browser, instead of having to return to the Excel data template. For example, it is now possible to switch on minimum and maximum constraints separately from the control panel. It is also possible to edit key parameters like supply and resource capacities and costs directly from the control panel in the browser.
- The nodes in the various maps have been increased in size to make it easier to hover over that node to see the name in the tooltip.
- The Average Drop Size (Previously “Transportation Conversion Factor”) was not considered in combination with “Transportation Fixed Cost” and “Transportation Minimum Charge”. This has been adjusted.
- Data that was specified for both THU and groups was not handled properly in previous versions. This has been fixed.
SC Navigator 2.23.01¶
Date: September 7, 2020
- Network Design now offers the ability to model (high-level) bill of materials. This allows you to model production of products, based on other (intermediate/raw materials) products. Your model will than optimize how all products flow through your network. There is a new wizard question available in Data Navigator, where you can indicate that you want to use this functionality. The model requires data on the products needed, the products created, the resources needed and the cost to make it.
- The first table on the Production page is split into two tables. In the previous versions, the data for the Production unit was mixed with product based data, for that unit. In this version, the table with the product data is placed in a separate table. By default, it shows data for the selected production unit, but through the widget action you can see the data for all resources.
- The arcs in the map where no longer colored. Originally, the supplier to resource lanes where colored blue and the resource to customers lanes where colored green. This was no longer the case in recent versions, but this has been fixed in the current version.
- The Detailed Cost breakdown in Network Design could produce wrong results, when there was uplift capacity with different production costs.
- If there was a minimum transportation limit for a given product, but there was no demand for that product at all, the model would ignore the minimum transportation limit and return an feasible solution. That is no longer the case, Network Design will now return an infeasible status.
- Bug Fix
- If you indicate that you want to be able to close DCs (In the Network Design wizard), the attribute “Must Remain Closed” is now added to the template, and take into account into the application.
- Under certain circumstances the “Description” attributes did not appear in the templates. This has been fixed.
SC Navigator 2.22.01¶
Date: 04 August 2020
- New Application: IBP (Integrated Business Planning) is now available.
- Improvement: The data reading performance has improved, in some cases significantly.
- Bug Fix: The functionality to delete datasets was not always working. This has been fixed, and you should be able to delete any dataset in this new version.
Demand Forecast Navigator¶
- Demand Forecast Navigator has a new UX design. It use new navigation controls (like workflow and status bar) and advanced filters for a more intuitive and guided user experience.
- The learning algorithm now uses a trend damping factor for which the user can set a default value in the configuration and then adjust individually through the UI.
- In some cases, the calculated forecast was not displayed on the Forecast Review Graph. This issue has been fixed and the calculated forecast is now displayed correctly.
- New Feature:
- Create projects for new products and manage each project through different stages, from idea to business case, development, test & value, and launch.
- Create vulnerabilities and opportunities for both demand and supply, and use these to create multiple demand and supply scenarios for evaluation
- Visualize the performance of previous plans and understand the gap to strategy of the current plan
- Demand Vulnerabilities and Opportunities, besides demand volume changes, now you can also include price or margin changes.
- If the “high level forecast” feature is enabled, you can now restart Demand Plan phase with latest Sales Team’s forecast data. Please note that this new feature does not work for existing datasets that already started Demand Review phase or later.
- In an output dataset some structural parameters may come as empty in new periods. If such parameters have constant value in non-empty months, those values will extend to new periods, meanwhile user is notified.
- You can now pause projects(s), so that the associated demand won’t be included in the future phases.
- New Feature:
- When you save a scenario, you can now indicated that you have adopted this scenario as final outcome of your study. This allows the data to become visible in the soon to be released Digital Navigator. The scenario and dataset page, will also show this Adopted status. You can also set this for an existing scenario in the “Executive Review” section, on the “Sensitivity Page”.
- It is now possible to have a production capacity extension per product without having a production capacity extension per resource. This is only possible when the resource has enough production capacity to handle the production capacity extension per product.
SC Navigator 2.21.01¶
Date: 22 April 2020
Demand Forecast Navigator¶
- Detecting records that can be statistically forecasted, improving forecast method estimation based on that
- Improved learning algorithm performance
- Fixed continuous planning mode
- Fixed forecast filters
Demand Forecast Wizard¶
- XYZ segmentation boundaries changed from relative to an absolute scale
- S&OP now has updated flow:
- Project Management
- Demand Plan - the former Forecast Phase
- Demand Review - the former Demand Phase plus
- Demand vulnerabilities and opportunities (demand V&O)
- Demand scenario recap
- Supply Review - the former Analytics Phase plus
- Supply vulnerabilities and opportunities (supply V&O)
- Dynamic scenario evaluation
- Business scenario
- Management Review - the former Executive Phase
- Project Management: This is the space to create projects based on new products and consumed resources. Tasks that can be accomplished in this step:
- Plan project timeline and enter the realized timeline
- Define project related cost, capacity
- Define the demand that comes out of this project, and the split ratio to spread its demand across customers and locations
- Define product related cost, revenue, margin, and resource consumption
- Compare time-based revenue/margin and weighted demand among projects
Demand V&O: The purpose of this page is to capture the opportunities or risks (vulnerabilities) that can bring potential demand increase or decrease.
Demand Scenario: User can create demand scenarios from a selection of the previously created demand opportunities and vulnerabilities. A demand scenario is one of the three elements to build a business scenario.
Supply V&O: The purpose of this page is to capture the fluctuations of the resource capacity.
Dynamic Scenario Evaluation: On this page, user can craft and save business scenarios by deciding on the three elements: demand scenario, model options and supply V&O.
Business Scenario Recap: User can compare business scenarios through visualization of their revenue (with gap to target revenue), margin (with gap to target margin), resource utilization, and demand fulfillment.
- Configuration questions have been added to S&OP wizard to customize flow:
- Whether to include Project Management step
- Whether to include demand V&O
- Whether to include supply V&O
SC Navigator 2.20.01¶
Date: 27 February 2020
Important: Dataset Types are now required to match the application for which they are loaded. For example, you can no longer load a Network Design dataset as Center of Gravity output.
- New Application: Demand Forecasting Navigator is now available. The app uses machine learning algorithms to continuously fine tune your forecast. You can use it alone, or in combination with S&OP Navigator to create different demand scenarios and understand the impact on your supply plan.
- The tooltip in the table on the “Generate Data Template” page now contains the name of the attribute, so that it becomes easier to see the attribute and description together.
- Data Navigator did not process Multiple THU data correctly and hence this data was not stored in the database.
- In some situations, users were not able to import data when using multiple THUs. The model would give an incorrect error. This has been fixed.
Center of Gravity Navigator¶
- It is now possible to use Resource Grouping. You can enable this in the Center of Gravity Wizard in Data Navigator.
- The map on the Demand and Supply Distribution page did not respond to the Show All Resources switch in the map action menu.
- On the Fix Locations page, the widget action menu in the map no longer contains the Show All Resources switch, as this map should always show all resources.
- It was not always possible to load in Network Design datasets that matched with the Center of Gravity loaded configuration.
- In Center of Gravity, the following internal error could appear: “The set “!__2__!” has a definition and cannot be assigned a value via a procedural statement (implicitly because its domain/range is emptied).” This has been fixed.
Secondary Transport Costing¶
- While running the Cluster Analysis, the status bar now provides a message in which the user can see the progress of the cluster analysis.
- On the Costing Curves page, it was not always clear that the App Default Cost Function Profile was used when no profile was selected. Now this is also reflected in the UI.
- Some actions on the Clustering page have been moved to the action menu for the appropriate widget.
- Now you can use the Description as display name, for example, when input names are ID numbers (like SKU). Enable this setting in the Secondary Transport Costing Wizard in Data Navigator.
- On the Cluster Details page, the headers are shown correctly again.
- On the Forecast Update page, when a selection of product is applied, changing numbers in the Forecast Update table incorrectly emptied the unselected products.
- In the Analytics phase on the Input page, capacity-related parameters did not display in the table when there was no production Sub-Resource.
SC Navigator 2.19.01¶
In this version we made some changes to improve database performance. Please note that the first time you start one of the applications, it might take a little longer to start up, while applying the changes. This is a one-time event.
Date: 31 January 2020
- When uploading a Dataset, data for begin and end date for Periods is now checked.
- In the Configuration Wizard for Secondary Transport Costing, we fixed an issue where options for Distance Unit and/or Method of calculating distance data was sometimes not set according to your selection.
StudyIntervalattribute has been removed from the Data Template. If you get an error when importing data from an older template, remove that attribute from the file.
Center of Gravity Navigator¶
- We added a Job List page where you can load the results of solves that you have run in the past 30 days.
- The Resource Location Data page is added to the Configuration Wizard in Data Navigator.
- The Drive Time Scenario has been rewritten to provide better results. It now finds the minimum number of DCs needed to serve all customer locations within the drive time limit.
- The map on Center(s) of Gravity page has a new option called Show All Resources. Use it to show or hide your existing resources in the map. Find this option in the widget action menu in the top right corner of the map.
- A previous solution is no longer removed when you change the input data. Instead, a status message will indicate that the solution is no longer consistent with the input data.
- In some situations, you were not able to import data when using multiple THUs. The model would give an incorrect error. This has been fixed.
Network Design Navigator¶
- The Drive Time bar chart has an extended range to allow for better insight in longer drive times.
- Now the detailed breakdown cost is calculated when loading a case from an older version before this functionality was added. To activate this change, cases used in v2.18.01 need to be manually updated:
- Load the case, via the “Data Manager”
- Navigate to Analytics > Costs > Detailed Cost Breakdown (the Detailed Cost Breakdown will be calculated)
- Save the case via the “Data Manager”
- Issue with the map scroll and zoom on the Flows page has been fixed.
- Sometimes widget actions did not work after loading an case without a dataset. This has been fixed.
- Fixed issue where Configuration Wizard sometimes gave an error for “Period Relation”.
- Fixed issue where the
Maximum Number of DCsvalue restricted the number of resources (including Production Facilities) instead of only the number of DCs.
- Fixed error where you were not able to import data using multiple THUs
- Now you can enter the Initial Forecast at the Product Group level, not only the individual Product level. You can also add the proportion between Product Group and individual Products, and the application will disaggregate a Product Group forecast into individual Product forecasts.
- The setting “Fill in empty month’s forecast with reference data” is moved to the Configuration Wizard.
- A new option is added to the Configuration Wizard to disable Inventory.
SC Navigator 2.18.01¶
Date: 31 October 2019
Network Design Navigator¶
For multi-period models, open/closed status for a Resource can now be determined per period. This gives better insight into when to open or close a facility. You can access this functionality from new configuration wizard options in Data Navigator.
There is a new page Analytics>Customers>Adjust Demand where you can make specific adjustments to the demand. For example, by region or product group. See the documentation: Network Navigator - Customers
You can set the value for “Remain Open” and “Remain Closed” for all resources at once from an action menu on the Scenario Resource Control table on the Analytic page. See the documentation: Network Navigator - Analytics
There is a new page Analytics>Costs>Detailed Cost Breakdown, where you can see how the different costs types impact the cost to meet the demand at a particular location. See the documentation: Network Navigator - Cost Breakdown
Network Design Navigator now has a set of Executive pages. There you can compare multiple scenarios created in the analytics phase. There are three views:
- Compare key results for multiple scenarios.
- Compare cost breakdown and open/closed resources between two scenarios.
- Compare demand simulations for multiple scenarios.
See the documentation: Network Navigator - Executive
Improvement: You can solve the model from any Analytics page and save the results as a scenario.
- Capacity increase by Resource and Product was not possible when Production Capacity by Resource was set as unlimited.
- Reported calculation of the MIP gap is now consistent with solver calculation. This change has no impact on the solution, just the reporting.
- Improvement: In S&OP Executive Phase, now you can customize financial scenario names in the side panel.
TotalDistributionCostdid not include distance between locations. This has been fixed so that, when unit transportation cost is the same, shipping cost is higher to locations with longer distances.
SC Navigator 2.17.01¶
Date: 11 July 2019
- New: Attribute overview on the Generate Data Template page indicates changes in the new configuration at-a-glance.
- Improvement: UI text and Wizard questions have been edited for clarity.
Network Design Navigator¶
- New: You can now model Production Facility resources. Production Facilities are similar to DC resources, but with some added options such as max capacity per product/facility. A resource can be both a DC and a Production Facility.
- Improvement: A list of existing scenarios is displayed for reference on the Create Scenario page.
- Improvement: Wizard gives the option to skip translating Product/Location Groups in the Product Location table.